University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Interested in University of Minnesota - Twin Cities?
or visit http://www.passport.umn.edu/
The University of Minnesota is one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States. Founded in 1851, the University has many distinguished alumni and faculty members - including 20 Nobel Prize winners - and has been responsible for improving lives throughout the world through its various successful innovations. Through its strategic positioning plan, the University is making strides to become one of the top three public research universities in the world within a decade. The University campus is located near the heart of Minneapolis - St. Paul metropolitan area, known as the "Twin Cities". The State of Minnesota is known as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" and is well know for its abundant natural beauty, cultural attractions, recreational resources, and thriving business. With a population of 2.5 million, the Twin Cities are the 16th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Minnesota is also home to the headquarters of 19 Fortune 500 companies, including 3M, Medtronic, Cargill, and Best Buy. With over 135 undergraduate majors and 150 graduate and professional fields of study, the University of Minnesota offers unlimited academic and experiential opportunities. With affordable non-resident and resident tuition costs, over 50,000 students have chosen the U of M as their academic institution.
Tuition and Fees
- Effective Term: Fall 2010
- Tuition: 13,380
- Room and Board: 14,030
- Fees: 4,202
- Total Undergraduates: 33,500
- First Years: 5,500
- Graduate Enrollment: 18,000
- Fall Application Deadline: December 15 -- Priority undergraduate deadline.
- Spring Application Deadline: October 1 -- For most undergraduate programs.
- Application Fee: 55
- Application Website: http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/apply/
- Tests Required for International Students: TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB. Graduate students: see our website.
- Other Tests Accepted: SAT or ACT exams are highly recommended.
- Setting: Urban
- City Size: Large
- Type of School: University
- Public/Private: Public
- Gender: Co-ed
- Calendar: Semester
- Services for International Students: On-campus Summer Housing, English as a Second Language Program, Intensive English, International Student Advisor, Special International Student Orientation Program
- Programs Offered: Bachelor's Degree, Graduate or higher
- 231 Pillsbury Dr SE
- 240 Williamson Hall
- Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Admissions Contact Name: Paula Brugge